Request for Orders & Response to Orders

In California once the process of a Divorce or Separation has been initiated both parties have the option to file for temporary orders while the much longer process of finalizing the Divorce or Separation plays out in court.

What you need to know

Once a divorce or legal separation has been filled, temporary orders can be requested while divorce or separation is moving forward.

Typical temporary orders people ask for:

  • Custody and visitation of the children
  • Child support, or spousal/partner support.
  • Temporary use of an item of property, such as a car.

These requests can be made by either party, however if you are the Respondent you have to file a Response  before or at the same time as your Request for Order. You cannot file a Request for Order if you have not filed a Response in the case.

After the hearing

Once a decision by the judge has been made, the judge will sign a court order. Either the clerk/court staff will prepare this order for the judge’s signature or the person who asked for the hearing to prepare the court order for the judge to sign. Here Affordable Document Services we have vast experience preparing these documents and would be glad to help in preparing any remaining documents that are needed.

Remember that once the court orders are in place, you still have to finalize your divorce case. The rest of the paperwork and processes that are required for your divorce still need to be completed. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us we can help in all matters related to the Divorce and Separation process.